Welcome to all TELLABRATION!™ Producers Worldwide!
You've joined a group that started in 1987 when a Connecticut yarn spinner, J. G. Pinkerton, launched his vision of a night of storytelling for adults.
Since then TELLABRATION!™ sites have joined hands around the world. For example, just a dozen years after its start in 1999, 333 sites, 400 producers, and 6700 production staffers spun stories to a combined audience of over 34,000.
TELLABRATION!™ has expanded to include a weekend of storytelling that builds appreciation and advocacy for the art form at storytelling centers, colleges and universities, schools, museums, libraries, performing arts centers, elder hostels, and even on trains and planes! It’s not only a great way to celebrate storytelling, but an important opportunity to reach out to all those story enthusiasts who are not yet NSN members.
There are a few, simple things that will help make your TELLABRATION!™ more effective for NSN:
- List your event on NSN’s calendar of events, so more people can find your event.
- Always use TELLABRATION!TM with the trademark designation.
- All digital and printed material should contain the NSN logo, which you can get from our Tennessee office, along with the phrase “TELLABRATION!™ is a trademark of the National Storytelling Network.”
- Read the TELLABRATION!™ proclamation at your event (available online).
- Be sure to put out NSN information at the event, including NSN membership applications (available from our office or your NSN state liaison).
- Collect contact information from all of your attendees and share it with the office. If you use our NSN event page at Event Brite for tickets, NSN will collect that information automatically. If you use a sign-up sheet at the event, share that contact information with us.
Our TELLABRATION!TM Guidebook and TELLABRATION!™ Promo Kit, which includes logos, are free. We can send you this information digitally. If your group is an NSN affiliate member, we offer two seventy-five word announcements in our monthly online bulletin for any event, including Tellabration!TM. If you have questions, please contact NSN at 1-800-525-4514.
Congratulations! We're proud to have you aboard!